Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013 Training
This course outline is tentative and will be updated shortly after Office 2013 is published.
This Introduction to Microsoft Word training class is designed for students new to working with Microsoft Word 2013 on Windows. Students will learn to create, edit, format, and print Microsoft Word 2013 documents.
- Learn to create and edit Microsoft Word 2013 documents.
- Learn about the Ribbon.
- Learn about the Backstage View.
- Learn to create new documents and use Word templates.
- Learn to format Word documents.
- Learn to add page numbers, headers and footers, and spell and grammar check documents.
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Creating a Document
- Saving a Document
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Document
- The Ribbon
- The Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Document
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Printing Documents
- Getting Help
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Word
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Selecting Text
- Selecting Fonts
- Working with Lists
- Using Styles
- Using the Ruler
- Setting Margins
- Editing Documents
- Find and Replace
- Using the Clipboard
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Adding Page Numbers
- Headers and Footers
- Checking Spelling and Grammar